Safety is always the number 1 priority. At our company, we love when patients ask questions because then we know they are getting informed. If you’re having trouble thinking of some questions to ask your doctor, the National Health Service (NHS) has this list of top 15 questions to ask:
1. What are your qualifications and where can I verify them?
2. Do you have a specialism and where can I verify this information?
3. What treatment options do I have?
4. How many times have you carried out this procedure?
5. What are your rates of success, complication and infection?
6. Are there any side effects or risks associated with the procedure?
7. What are the post-operative infection rates at this clinic?
8. How would the clinic deal with an emergency if serious complications were to arise during the procedure?
9. What should I expect immediately after the procedure? For example, will I experience pain, swelling or bruising?
10. At what stage will I be able to judge the results of the treatment?
11. What type of care will I need after the treatment? Who will provide check-ups in the UK?
12. How long will I need to stay abroad before I’m well enough to travel back to the UK?
13. What happens if I’m unhappy with the treatment or there are complications after the procedure?
14. Who would pay for remedial treatment (corrective treatment) and associated costs?
15. Can you put me in touch with anyone else you have treated?